Working in México
Last Update 7 December 2012

The 2012  Immigration law greatly restricts who can work in México. It boils down to a Visitante with permission to work and Residente Permanente.  A Residente Temporal is allowed to work only when employed by a Mexican company.

This means that all those who had FM2 or FM3 work permits will no longer be able to work unless they can qualify for a Residente Permanente or secure employment in a Mexican company.

This will impact those who teach English free-lance, landlords with rental property, musicians, even people who work on the internet.

Page Directory